Happy Advent and Merry Christmas! Kristi and I are in Nairobi, Kenya, and Zanzibar (Tanzania) for vacation the month of December. We are thoroughly enjoying our time, being refreshed in body, spirit, and mind. We have been staying at our friend Eric’s apartment in Nairobi, which serves in part as a veritable theological library.
For fun, here are the titles of books we are reading, skimming, and perusing. The first five listed grabbed our attention from Eric’s shelves! The second five are books we brought with us (mostly via kindle).
1. Redeeming Creation, Fred Van Dyke, David C. Mahan, Joseph K. Sheldon, Raymond H. Brand
2. Evil and the Justice of God, N.T. Wright
3. Slaves, Women & Homosexuals, William J. Webb
4. The Radical Disciple, John Stott
5. Just How Married Do You Want to Be? Jim and Sarah Sumner
6. Dr. Not Afraid, Winifred Kellersberger Vass
7. The Space Between Us, Thrity Umrigar
8. Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
9. Portfolios of the Poor: How the World’s Poor Live on $2 a day, Daryl Collins, Jonathan Morduch, Stuart Rutherford, Orlanda Ruthuen
10. Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, Jason Stearns
We send you our warmest greetings! We will be back to Congo in early to mid-January, and will resume our regular weekly blog posts.
Bob and Kristi