We just returned from 4 wonderful relaxing days in Half Moon Bay. When we decided it would be best to cancel the vacation to Spain that we had been anticipating with Bob’s parents, we opted for a shorter, “closer-to-home” vacation that would be less taxing. So, for 4 days, we did our best to relax: we made a fire in the fire-place every morning and sat there to read, we had lunches on the beach (and read some more), we took strolls on nearby trails, and enjoyed some great seafood!
And, since we spent hours and hours reading a rather eclectic stack of books, we thought we might share the titles that we were working on:
1. The Feeling Good Handbook, by David Burns, M.D.
2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption, by Laura Hillenbrand
3. Thyroid Power, by Richard Shames, M.D. and Karilee Halo Shames, R.N., PhD
4. A Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp
5. Between Sundays, by Karen Kingsbury
6. A Shelter in the Time of Storm, by Paul David Tripp
7. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S. Lewis