While we are not very excited about the reason that prompted this visit to the U.S., we are grateful for this unexpected opportunity to reconnect with family and be rejuvenated in ways that are familiar to us. We have not been too adventurous with traveling or visiting because of Bob’s low energy, but we have are definitely enjoying the simple pleasures of life. Here are just a few of the things that we appreciate about being in the U.S.
1. The freedom to hold hands in public (as a married couple, no less!)
2. Making chocolate-chip cookies
3. Watching baseball on T.V.
4. And then attending a Giants baseball game in person!
4. Taking a walk and feeling ‘anonymous’
5. Driving on smooth roads
6. Corporate worship in English!
7. Eating hamburgers (Our first week, Bob had 5 hamburgers in 6 days, then decided to ease up a bit)
8. Eating non-tropical fruits, like berries, apples, peaches, etc.
9. Cooking on a gas stove (SO easy to start, and the temperature is consistent and can be regulated!)
10. Throwing clothes in the washer (Amazingly easy! You can wash clothes in almost no time at all with a washer and dryer!)
11. Sleeping at night without noisy disturbances